Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sometimes Life Hurts

How do we naturally respond if someone curses us?? ......Well I know how I respond!
And yet, God blesses those who curse Him. This leaves me wondering....What is God like? What are we suppose to be like? He clearly tells us in His Word that "if we love Him we will obey Him." My desire is to obey Him even when life hurts me and my feelings!! Consider this in Luke 6:27-31 " Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise."
I've highlighted the part of this verse that really hit me this time I read it!
Yes, it's easy to talk about loving your enemies (especially if you don't really have any, or are unaware of who they may be). But what about people who are close to us and are suppose to be our friends but feel like enemies? That is what challanged me this time I read this verse. I am challanged to love these people and be merciful to them.
Luke 6:35-36
" But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father is also merciful."
Woah, I have a long way to go.....please help me Lord!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so awesome!

Jessanna said...

Your amazing Tam! Thanks for sharing- Its such a blessing and inspiration to witness what your walking through- as tough as it is, His love and grace is sufficient!

Roo said...

woah is right! talk about the upside down kingdom. the kingdom where the greatest is the one who will lay down his life.

xoxox

Watters said...

so true Tammy and yet so hard at times..thanks for the great reminder of what and how we need to respond to the hard things we sometimes face....love you.x.xoxox